Monday, May 25, 2015

Your past cannot dictate your future.


I am thankful to God for sending Jesus for us to have a new life in Him. I am thankful because He never gives up on us and He loves just the way we are, yet he loves us so much that He won't leave us this way! God cares more about our character than our comfort. It is all about getting out of our comfort zone and believe it or not, I am thankful I am thankful that we can change and not stay the same way we once were. I am beyond grateful that we have freedom in Christ and freedom to make the right choices. I don't know about you, but  I know I have spent a couple of years or "seasons" doing things I really didn't want to do but just did out of comfort, habit, or to please others. Many of those things I sit here in regret off and saddened because I did not have the strength or will power to stand up for myself and say no. I am thankful that through Christ I can do this and much more, even those things I once thought that I was not capable of accomplishing, now I can.

You see it has not always been easy to make the right choices for my future due to my past and the different things I have struggled with, I think I can write a book with everything I have gone through but then again we all can right? based on the different experiences and different things we struggled with or are struggling with the only problem is that some choose to accept it, others choose to deny it and then there are those who are completely oblivious to it. I am thankful that I am not perfect but I am chosen. I have been called out of a generation to live in freedom and show that freedom to others by serving others in love. You see just because you come from a broken home does not mean you will have a broken home, we must put a stop to this way of thinking that we will follow previous patterns due to our past. The past is in the past, it has happened therefore we must learn from it and move on. Not dwell on it, not cry about it and definitely not continue to make the same mistakes over and over and over and over again. We know better, therefore we must do better because we are better. I know that the God living in you will supply all that you need and has already equipped you with all that you need to fight back and not fall in temptation! I believe in you, I believe in He who lives in you!




No comments:

Post a Comment