Friday, October 7, 2016

I finally said Yes!


October 6, 2016

Why you love me, I'll never know... but I'll tell the world until everyone knows! 

It has seriously been a RELENTLESS PURSUIT. God has been chasing after me like no other, like no one ever has or will, for that matter. I am truly humbled, honored, privileged to be chosen to be given all of this love, mercy and grace which I thought I was so undeserving off. I am thankful to God for not leaving my side when things got ugly and even when I turned away from Him and did not seek Him like I should have. I am thankful He did not give up even when I thought I did. 

So, with that being said.... I finally said Yes! I said yes to God! October 6, 2016 was the day I said I do and I will and yes yes yes! I honestly did not plan it or saw it happening this way, but He did! (Because He knows us better than we know ourselves)

You see, I thought I was "married to Jesus" this whole time but little did I know I was only dating him! What am I saying, I sound like a crazy woman lol but I have to be real with God and myself first and after a couple of heart checks I realized I would go on dates with Jesus from time to time and then go on dates with people or things of this world I had already dropped in my past.

When you are in a commitment, relationship, or "engaged" to someone you should not be talking or entertaining other people or things and that's what happened friends, that's part of my story. Crazy thing is that while growing up this was something that was instilled in me from my parents, when you have a boyfriend it's that person that you are committed to and no one else but something happened along the way where something changed. 

After much running around and not being pleased by anything or anyone in this world, (the Lord allowed a lot to happen so that I can see that it truly is all vanity like Ecclesiastes says) I finally decided (a choice and decision I came to make based on past experiences) it was time to step my commitment up a notch and re-commit myself to Him alone and not others until and if He decides to bring someone else in my life that will love me, pursue me, chase me, treat me, value me, accept me, challenge me and appreciate me the way that He does! I want to and need to be FAITHFUL to Him first and then if it is meant to be with someone else at least I will have this solid foundation of being faithful and loyal to God first before everyone and everything else. 

Listen up, this is hard, it took me five years to say yes to this commitment, and now I am even more scared, this is something serious and it is not to be played with but I figured if I don't start here by submitting to God now in my single season how do I expect to humble myself and submit myself to any other human being? It took a while to get me here but I am grateful that God doesn't give up on us even if other people do. It is going to be hard but no one said relationships were easy and that's exactly what I am doing building a real relationship with my one true King the one that will be with me eternity and beyond because this life is fleeting, these riches, these looks, none of this goes to heaven with us so why focus on anything else but that which will last through eternity & beyond? Like Luke says, the birds don't work and they get food so why do we worry about our tomorrow when today is not even done with yet? 

Tunnel vision to what God has for me and what He wants from me. I know there is a lot for me to do on this planet earth until I am called home so I will follow Jesus as He leads me to my promise land and all that He has called me to be! There's a lot to do and not enough time, I am done wanting to be someone's wife because I am someone's bride to be and His love is like nothing I can get from anyone on earth. His love just fills you up and makes you feel free and alive! 

King Jesus and Glendy till the end! 

Comment below with your questions I would love to answer any doubts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment